Author Topic: MRA VARIO SCREEN - but which one?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline SgtSmash

MRA VARIO SCREEN - but which one?
« on: September 21, 2009, 17:36:24 »
Hello gang.

I've got a DL1000GT K6 - complete with madstad bracket which was kindly fitted by the previous owner.

I've tried the standard screen but it doesn't do anything for me.  The GIVI screen is a lot better but I still get buffeting - I can feel the air hitting the top of my helmet.  It's bearable but some days when I'm out for 12 or so hours riding, I get a bit fed up of it!

I see a lot of people use Vario screens, not just on the Vee.  Can anyone recommend which one would be best for me - the reason being is that there are two screens.  The normal Vario, and the extended Vario.  I saw Eric the Viking wanting to swap his screen as it was in his eyeline.

Basically, I'm 5ft11 tall and a big lad weighing in at 16 stone ;)

Which screen would be best?  The thought of having the top of the screen in my eye line all the time is not appealing and I don't really fancy forking out for one only to find that its the "wrong" one.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Also, if there's any one on here who's maybe thinking of selling a MRA Vario screen then PM me!

Ta
"Reading isn't an occupation we encourage amongst Police Officers. We try to keep paperwork down to a minimum" -Orten.

"Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket." - Anon .

Offline dogpuf

Re: MRA VARIO SCREEN - but which one?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 21:22:17 »
I always find that which screens are the best is a very personal choice

I have a standard MRA Vario and it's a massive improvement over stock but it doesn't eliminate all buffeting but that's how I like it and I don't get the itchy nose syndrome that I was getting with the standard screen

If you don't like any buffeting then I think the extended screen would be the way to go or one of those huge Cee Bailey screens

Unfortunately the best way is to buy one and try it for a few rides - If you buy pre-owned at least you can sell it on without losing loads of coin if it doesn't suit

cheers Lee
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline Dr.Jekyll

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 21:28:54 »
I am 5' 10" and went for the smaller one. Its not the retaliation everyone else seems to of had but it’s OK. If I went for the larger one, then the top of the screen was annoyingly in my line of vision hence the smaller one. BUT you have the madstad so you should be able to get the smaller one to work for you without the need for the bigger one.

I’m not a million miles away in Cardiff if you want to have a look before you splash the cash.....

Offline Dedy

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 18:41:14 »
I've got the larger MRA vario screen. I'm 6foot. The screen is brilliant. I've got it on the middle setting on the bracket. And adjust the spoiler all the way up.

No problems with motorway and fast roads at speeds up to 100mph. Anything over a ton the aerodynamics of the bike start having an effect.

Definately worth buying.

Dave

:thumb:
One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full.  And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?"  So I drank the water.  No more problem.