Author Topic: Out at last  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Kevinc

• Bike: VStrom DL1000 Adventure, Royal Enfield 500 Bullet
Out at last
« on: March 13, 2016, 21:35:01 »
What a fab day.  First outing of the year on my V-Strom DL1000. Last year I traded in my 1250 Bandit and Yamaha 950 Cruiser, and from the 1st October I did less than 200 miles before hibernation.

With the sun shining, out came the bike today, and I wasn't alone.  I'm surprised my neck doesn't ache with all the nodding.  Seems lots of other bikers had the same idea, to blow off the cobwebs.

I remembered what I liked so much about the DL1000.  Fantastic riding position, fabulous mirrors - I can see without leaning out and bringing my elbows in - and great brakes.  Plus a gear indicator! I have never had a bike with gear indicator before.  Love having the computer display too. 

Looking forward to my summer road trip.  After last 2 years going to Ireland, 2016 is going to be Peak District, Lake District and Yorkshire Dales, including lunch in Hawes and Matlock Bath.

Recall booked for later this month, so should be all sorted.

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
Re: Out at last
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 18:46:29 »
Another ex bandit 1250 man :)  You most likely seen I swopped my 1250 in earlier this month.(after messing about for a year :dl_smiley_banghead:)  So far I have put on more miles than I thought as got first service booked in for middle of April.  Me thinks it should have been a lot sooner now !  I had put on mirror extenders on Bandit and a gear indicator but like you the extra room is brill, and the engine smooth, but you know its a twin !
Met a chap in Bristol last Sunday up from Eastbourne on his v strom 1000.  With a group of about half a dozen going to visit the SS Great Britain where I was parked up at local coffee shop.  I pointed him in the direction of this forum for great info and tips !
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Re: Out at last
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 22:35:22 »
Sounds like you had a really good time out on the bike, good to hear, I enjoy mine whatever journey or conditions are in front of me, the sign of a good bike.  :)