Author Topic: New DL1000 Now farkled up  (Read 8605 times)

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Re: New DL1000 Now farkled up
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 19:51:20 »
Finally got her as I wanted

Offline vstroman

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 22:28:19 »
Looks great now porter,have you had all the recall issues etc sorted?
been considering a tiger 800 but something about triumph is putting me off,
has anyone come up with a panel to fit if you removed the veeks beak?
looks like a duck to me,ruins the look in my opinion.

Offline porter

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 08:58:26 »
Thanks.  I don't mind the beak, you get used to them! I had the new ecu but not the other stuff as yet but I did cover the connectors and the like myself over winter and I'll need the second service in a thousand miles from now so I'll get it done then maybe. I had a tiger 800 before this. Veek is faster with better brakes and suspension but triumph is lighter and smaller and maybe more fun because for this and it was more reliable!  Never thought I'd say that!  Only reason I never bought another was when the new xr, xrx etc came out the price went too high.  The xrx was 2 grand more that my tiger and looked the same, sure it had riding modes etc etc but it still had the same old brakes and suspension. The Veek was the same money as the base xr. But so.e days I do miss the wee tiger.

Offline vstroman

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 21:34:47 »
Thanks porter, yeah not easy getting it right, funny the beak on the BMW gs looks OK,I'm sure someone somewhere has come up with a mod for getting rid of it on the Veek,
I have a niggling thought about triumphs reliability from years ago so always preferred the jap bikes,even considering an f800gs at the minute, never thought I'd be considering BMW.

Offline porter

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 08:46:48 »
I thought the same but the only trouble I had with my three triumphs was one was an oil drinker, 800ml per 1000 mile. I loved the engine on my two 1050 tigers but wife hated the high pillion seat! Never had a gs 800.  I got the Veek because of the price really, it was the same as the 800"s and I wanted  a bit more pull two up. As a weekend bike the Veek is fine but I don't think I'd like it as a everyday bike, the v twin can be hard work in traffic. The old tigers would do 30 mph in 5 gear at 2000 rpm but the strom wants 3rd and over 2500rpm so its more on and off.  but then  again tthe Veek is better on the motorway, 80mph only 4500rpm where the tiger 8 is at 6000. Horses for courses I guess

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 20:52:25 »
Greetings Jacksnipe.
Did you consider a Hagon ? I ask as recently sold mine that I had on my  bandit for 4 years,  and was a brilliant, well made bit of kit ?  My plan is to run mine for a bit and see how the stock performs, but from previous experience replacing the old standard shock certainly ups the ride quality. (bandit and varadero).  I see the Nitron comes in a wee bit more than Hagon. Did something push you towards Nitron ?
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 19:22:54 »
I do not think the Hagon is a bad bit of kit and would and have used the entry level range on another bike, that being said the amount of wedge you will have to pay for a decent Hagon for the DL will not be too much less than the Nitron. The Nitron is further up the food chain and IMHO now competing with OHLIN's. My dealer who sources both agrees as well.

If you get chance go and have a look at the two side by side, they both look good but the class of the Nitron is obvious.
JS

Offline porter

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2016, 21:27:22 »
Had my first long run on the Veek today from my winter lay off and accessory fitting. New ecu has helped a good bit, bike smoother all round.  The a40's are great, left footrest on beck within 50 miles! Wife wasn't pleased! Hyperpro rear shock spring was OK, smoother but I was hoping for more support for two up, so lukewarm.  Mra screen is a big disappointment,  lots more wind and much less protection than the givi air, looks good though. Still foung my tail bone getting sore after 100 mile, should have spent the screen money on a shad seat!