Author Topic: DL1000 dyno results  (Read 11294 times)

Offline Theflyingscot

• Bike: DL1000 K7
Re: DL1000 dyno results
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 19:36:51 »

Before and after set up with the Yoshi Box.
DL1000 K7
Water is wet, Sky is blue. If you are after answers to any other questions Google it!!!!!

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 19:54:19 »
That printout looks kind of familiar.....  :)
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 21:23:41 »
That printout looks kind of familiar.....  :)

Identical I think, I would love to have the time to play with the current DL1000, I'm sure there is the potential to help the top end torque a little, maybe in the airbox size or even a moded filter to get a larger surface area and box volume.

Also the snorkel draws hot air from right behind the front cylinder, and there is room, where I have put holes in the top cover,  to get a good sized aperture there and draw cool air in from around the headstock, which I think can help.

Whether the valve timing, inlet tract , and comp ratio support such ideas is an unknown to me, but it would make some sense in production to be economical,  if the motor was restricted in the air box area, rather than re tooling for engine production.

That is a stab in the dark without comparing the motor specs with the older versions.

Offline wunwinglow

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 18:13:31 »
Here is (was!) mine, by Hilltop. First shows before and after, power and torque. Second one shows before, plus (freaking awful...) fuel/air . In fact it doesn't, because they were completely off the scale until about 4000 rpm. Geoff said the only bike he had seen so bad stock before, was the VStrom he did the weekend before!!! He actually jumped off the bike on the first run, because he thought the sensor had fallen out of the exhaust pipe!!

and

Sorry I haven't been on the forums lately. I gave up on the VStrom, chopped it in for a new Versys 1000, which has been absolutely brilliant.

I gather there might be a solution now for all you VStrommers, great news, because it is a great bike. If I hadn't had the nonsense I had with mine, I would still have it, but it was beyond a joke.

Suffice to say, I would be very unlikely to buy a new model Suzuki again. Not because it was a great bike flawed, but because it took so long for Suzuki to even begin to sort it out properly. Such a shame, because otherwise, I really loved it.

wunwinglow

and