Author Topic: One Year In.  (Read 831 times)

Offline macamx

One Year In.
« on: August 24, 2015, 17:38:50 »
Come next week I will have had the V-Strom for one year. This in itself is something of an achievement as I can only think of one other bike that I have kept for this length of time. what's more is that I have absolutely no intention of changing it as I truely believe that with the list of changes and additions that have been carried out I now have what is for me the perfect road bike. So what has been done in the 7,000+ elapsed miles. The bike has had 150mm dog bones fitted and the forks dropped 18mm in the yolks, the seat rubbers removed and furniture pads substituted. Hand guards and Oxford heated grips along with "Chazo" leavers, Grip Puppies and 20mm handlebar risers. Tank protector, mudguard extension, belly pan and centre stand takes care of that area whilst a Givi 45 Ltr top box adds greatly to the practicality if not the aesthetics . A Scorpion exhaust adds greatly to the aural joy of it all and Anakee 3 boots transformed the whole experience, wonderful. Most tellingly I took out a demonstrator of a model of motorcycle that I have owned 4 examples of in the past and considered it to be my all time favourite bike and was left distinctly underwhelmed and could not wait to get back on the V-Strom amazing.

Geoff.

Oop,s forgot the mirror extenders, killed any buffeting for me.

Online UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: One Year In.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 17:57:11 »
:text-goodpost:

Glad you're enjoying

Online Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 18:19:02 »
+ 1.  :thumb:
So how's it going so far then?

Offline petestrom

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 19:38:33 »
+1 a good recommendation if ever there was one. :thumb:
Pete

Make someone's day, it'll come back to you sometime.