Author Topic: Tingling Scorpion.  (Read 847 times)

Offline macamx

Tingling Scorpion.
« on: August 09, 2015, 10:02:21 »
Just fitted a Scorpion 3/4 system and very nice it sounds too. There is however an ever so slight increase in vibration in the bars and footrests. It is not very intrusive and I suspect most would just ignore it. I presume that is due to weight of the standard system acting as a damper. Probably the easy solution would be Grip Puppies or fill the bars with sand, bar end weights could also offer a fix (have not got a clue as to which bar ends would work). The footrests can probably be addressed with stick on wheel balancing weights. Has any body come across and fixed this before if so I would love to hear about it.

Geoff.

Offline Cobby

Re: Tingling Scorpion.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:33:04 »
Hi Geoff,

I have a nearly new V Strom 1000 and on long runs, 300 miles plus, I used to get a numb throttle hand. This was cured by fitting Grip puppies and loosening my grip a bit. I rode home last weekend from Inverness to Northumberland with only one stop for fuel and a Mars Bar with no hand numbness. My last bike was a VFR800 FI which was not vibe free but the Strom took a bit of getting used to compared to it.

Try the puppies, they're cheap and it could be the fix you need.

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 12:18:38 »
Be worthwhile checking that the exhaust isn't touching something else apart from the rubber mountings / header pipes IMO.

Offline macamx

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 12:34:36 »
Good point, have done, all well.

Grip puppies ordered.

Geoff.

Offline macamx

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 17:13:24 »
Grip Puppies fitted and all is good. Balance weights did not help in fact made the vibes marginally worse.

Geoff.