Author Topic: New DL1000  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Jacksnipe

New DL1000
« on: June 21, 2015, 10:02:39 »
Just took delivery of the new DL in white. Started to equip it up with SW Motech CS, H&B Crash bars, Bewoulf Rad and shin guard, Givi Alloy Box plate/rack. Now for bash plate and perhaps Tank cover and some spots.

Incidentally the bikes fueling is very good and I have been doing some low speed stuff as well. This bike is brilliant for the money even better when it can be bought for nearly half the price of a new GS (Albeit reasonable specced up model)

JS
(Thanks to those on here who bought the Glee stuff, rest of it bar the screen has gone, sold elsewhere as well)

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Re: New DL1000
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 11:35:59 »
Congratulations. Mine is white too. Givi and sw motech do a nice sump guard,  the Suzuki one is a waste of money,  looks good but does nothing, handguards not much good either. I brought the base bike and added the Suzuki accessories,  hand guards centre stand, crash bars, sump guard but wish I'd have cherry picked the best bits. I hope your bike runs smooth, but you're right it is good value for money

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 18:48:25 »
Cheers Porter, I think it has the old middle of the road stigma that the press seem to give some bikes from the Suzuki stable. I think it will prove to be a real world winner. I already like the feel of it and its lovely engine. I read somewhere the sound was a disappointment, far from it I think it sounds brilliant and will not frighten the horses  !

I can see this bike be a better long termer than for example a Crossrunner or Tracer for that matter. The V engine in its previous guises was a mega mile doer and now updated and twin sparked it will prove to be IMHO a top engine just because it does not turn out KTM levels of top end does not mean it will be embarrassed at all.
I know which I would prefer to rely on and its not made in Europe !

WM
The DL is a Jap produced bike not sure the Tracer is looking at the lowish start price ?

Offline Ravetech

• Bike: 2015 DL1000
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 07:28:26 »
You will love I am sure. Please consider us for the bash plate.  
http://www.ravetechmotorcycles.com

print screen

upload pics

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 21:18:04 »
Will get time in a few weeks to run the DL1000 in but I agree with a recent New Zealand article I read on this bike it is perhaps the best turned out Suzuki for years. IMHO it is as good as the best of the rest. The finish on it is superb and despite what I have read on here it gives big bang for your bucks. The above mentioned article raved about the bikes real world performance handling and brakes I am almost certain this DL is way and above the best V strom ever and that equates to one hell of a bike.

WM

Offline ziggy

• Bike: DL1000 L4, Vespa 300 GTV
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 05:46:12 »
Very true I am now up to 18,000 miles and have just returned from my second trip into Europe this year, I cannot fault the bike and every owner I have spoken to states the same.

:)
Do it today as there may not be a tomorrow.

Live in Rothley, Leicestershire.

Offline Roadrocket

• Live to ride, ride to live
  • Bike: Suzuki DL1000AL4ABS + DL650K5
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 06:05:35 »
Congratulations the Veek is a superb bike , it rides better and better with more miles on the engine. I've got nearly 5K miles and I love it. Only fault has been the known electrical  connectors so if you start having strange symptoms with starting and stalling that's the first place to look! It's worth playing with and adjusting your suspension settings to suit as there is such a wide range. Enjoy! I've got a white one too ;)