Author Topic: cymarc rad cover  (Read 1318 times)

Offline zippy

cymarc rad cover
« on: March 21, 2015, 14:15:12 »
hi blokes , I have a cymarc rad cover for my 2013 glee as was wondering if it fits flush on the rad or it sits on the outer egdes kind of hard to explain
because when I  put the fiting bolt in and tighten up it sits flush on that side but the other side its not flush no matter  how much I jiggle it around it is too long . I measure the rad and its 300m internal long then I measured the rad cover and its 306mm so it looks like it won't fit anyway has anybody had this or is this the way they fit ??
thanks in advance
Jason

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
Re: cymarc rad cover
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 14:32:21 »
Contact Cymarc, I'm sure he could put you right! :) :thumb:
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Online Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 15:59:24 »
I have a Cymarc guard and I spaced it one nut off the radiator at the bottom then I put a cable tie in 2 slots at the top of the radiator and tightened them so the whole guard doesn't touch the face of the radiator.

Very pleased with the product and Cymarc service was A1!  :thumb:
So how's it going so far then?

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red. 2021 Royal Enfield 500 Classic stealth.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 20:13:24 »
I had the same problem.
The Cymarc Rad cover was perfectly well made with parallel sides but unfortunately the OED Rad was not.
Cymarc offered me a refund, although it was NOT his stuff that was at fault. I wanted a rad cover and I assumed that any other make would have the same problem. So I bodged it.
I cut the sides off the Cynmark rad cover to make it fit flush so that it sits within the shoulders of the rad.
The Cymarc cover is much more robust than others I have fitted to other bikes and I think it'll withstand a bash sufficient to knock the rad off it's mount. ( that's why I kept it)
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Online Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 20:26:34 »
Just to correct my post a little; I put the cable ties through two guard holes (not radiator slots), you can see one of them in my pic. The bolt spacing at the bottom is 6 or 7 mm.

As you say Brockett and Zippy the two vertical sides of the radiator are not aligned but my guard sits just inside the lhs of the radiator body and passes the rhs by a couple of mm,viewed from the front.

Nothing wrong with the part supplied, just a slight bit of improvisation required.  :grin:
So how's it going so far then?

Offline zippy

Re: cymarc rad cover (update)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 20:07:13 »
hi blokes , just to add a post about cymarc the bloke is top notch (as I am sure some of you will know). I had a small problem with the rad guard and mark has sorted it out in super quick time  and I am very impressed with the service I have been given .I cannot recommend him highly enough  .its good to see that there are people who do care out there  and put  there customers 1st
well done mark and many thanks
Jason   :)