Author Topic: One more screen to sell: MRA Touring Screen  (Read 783 times)

Offline tdo

• Bike: V-Strom DL1000A L6; BMW R nineT
One more screen to sell: MRA Touring Screen
« on: November 16, 2014, 19:12:15 »
Hello all,
after various test cycles using (and buying) different wind screens and quite some money spent for my DL650A L2, I found my personal favourite with the Givi Airflow.

Still I have another screen left over, the one I used quite a while before trying the Givi, a MRA Touring Screen, upgraded with a MRA  XCTA, "X-creen-touring-part":

See manufacturers pictures here for the Touring Screen w.o. XCTA:
https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/navi ... 0%29&spr=D

And the Touring Screen with XCTA on top:
https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/navi ... 0%29&spr=D

Both screens are smoke grey.

The addon X-Creen XCTA can be mounted either with a shorter hinge, allowing to modify the tilt angle only, like I used it most of the time (see pic above).

Or, to be modified in a few minutes, with a longer link and two joints, allowing for a very wide range of adoption to the rider's size and comfort;:

Since I'm not the tallest bloke on earth, I was quite happy with the single (low) flange mount.
For the purpose of taking this picture, I changed to the double-hinged link, and, as said, they can be easily modified.

One special thing: I tried all possible (and almost impossible) mounting positions and inclination angles (if this would be the right term..), including the lowest possible mount of the main screen itself.
For this purpose, I drilled four more holes of 5 mm, about 20 mm above the original holes.
This enabled a position 20 mm lower than the lowest pos. foreseen by the manufacturer MRA.
After testing, I covered these holes with black, self-adhesive plastic spots, which you will notice on the picture with the screen alone.
I will add a bunch of these plastic spots to the screen, just in case the buyer wants to repeat these various position tests.

Almost needless to say, both screens have German homologation (that nobody outside Germany needs, I know..)
Screens were mounted for about three months and 3000 km.
MRA offers a smaller (and, might be my impression only, pretty much useless) variant of the XCTA, the "X-creen sports", XCTS, with special clamps to mount the addon screen temporarily and without drilling holes.
Those clamps are not contained within this offer, these are optionally to be ordered for the XCTA.

I''m asking for 100 GBP or 125 € including shipment (within Europe only).

Kind Regards,
Thilo