Author Topic: El problemo  (Read 3589 times)

Offline greywolf

Re: El problemo
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 22:06:18 »
The hole on the left side of the tank well is an overflow drain, not a vent. The vent is entirely located within the cap. Have you had the valve clearances checked? A tight valve can fail to seat when hot. A TPS can be heat sensitive on an irregular basis. I can't see a full tank on a cap vented bike making any difference except as a coincidence.
Pat- 2007 DL650A was ridden to all 48 contiguous states. 2012 DL650A outlasted me.
Nicknames I use to lessen typing, Vee = 2002-2012 (K2-L2) DL1000s. Veek=2014+ (L4+) DL1000s. Wee = 2004-2011 (K4-L1) DL650s. Glee = 2012+ (L2+) DL650s

Offline kojack

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 17:39:42 »
Took the bike in to dealers to  sort the problem. Took the bloke awhile but it turned out to be a faulty alarm wire.Bloody alarms, more trouble than their worth.When I bought the bike it had the Datatool Red alarm installed.Turns out on the 2 alarm wires , 1 goes to ignition the other the fuel, there was an intermittant fault on the  fuel connection.
Had it taken out all together.
Yee Haa!

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 17:41:51 »
It sounds like the majority of alarm problems are connection related. Simply a case of a shitty installation job. Some people still think you can crimp or twist wires together for something as critical as that and it will last properly in our crappy weather. Solder it or don't bother :)
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline kojack

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 21:28:06 »
Afraid things have got weird.Picked bike up from techy, 10 mile down road red ignition light and FP1 code flashing on top of dash, but engine runs great.Pulled over, swiched off and then restarted.All looked great then same again 15 mile down the road.Took bike back to the techy explained problem.He did a diagnostic, and their was no faults stored, and he's never heard of FP1.He is now going to contact the boffs at Suzuki.
As the bike was running great I zipped of home 40 mile detour wih no problems at all.
At home had lunch, 30 min later tried to start bike.
It started first time but ran like a bag of hammers,same has the original fault, revs had be kept high or cut out , and sounded like fuel starvation.Switched off.Tried again this time all correct ignition lights came on,fuel pump sequence sounded normal but no start from starter at all.Tried again no luck.Then third time lucky, started and ran like nothing was wrong.Took the bike out for another 40 miler with no problems at all.
Durrrrr! Gremlins.
Taking the bike back to techy on Monday.

Offline Big Al wi the Vee

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 20:08:20 »
Kojack,

I know this was app 2 years ago, but did you get a fix for this from the mechanic?

I have a similar fault (Bag of Hammers) and it's going into bursledon on Tuesday  ###

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 20:20:09 »
Might be better off PM ing him as he last signed in on 4th July...
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Big Al wi the Vee

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 20:30:43 »
Done...thanks

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 20:43:43 »
I've had this issue with my Vee , Done about 400 miles since with no issues . My take on this issue is water that sits in the bottom of the tank and every now and then gets sucked up into the pump. Once is in the pump it takes a good while to free itself .
Chief trouble maker 🙂