Author Topic: Power Commander V or Power Commander FC  (Read 942 times)

Offline Goodlad

Power Commander V or Power Commander FC
« on: July 26, 2014, 11:33:49 »
Hello Lads,

I need to get the bike mapped to my exhausts. Low revs is poxy with flat spots all over the place.

Looking at the PCV is will do the job nicely.

But I see there is also a Fuel controller out also which is cheaper than the PCV.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...nder_pcfc.aspx

Any thoughts on these lads?

From what I see it essentially has all the same capabilities for loading custom maps but just doesn't work with the other Dynojet accessories.

Or am I missing something?

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Re: Power Commander V or Power Commander FC
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 18:31:21 »
Your link doesn't work, looks like you copied and pasted it incorrectly from another forum?
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline hookie

• Bike: DL1000 K8, '85 Honda XBR500 race bike, '86 XBR road bike, '51 Sunbeam S8
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 19:09:26 »
It looks like the PC5 has more facilities (ignition timing, mapping to specific gears, individual cylinder tuning etc.) available for specific bikes. Whereas the fuel controller looks more like the older model PCs which just alter the fuelling only. I suspect the the new PC5 is intended for much newer machines which have more complex computer control of the whole bike and are possibly fly by wire. The Vee should be very happy with the PC5 or any earlier PC if you can pick one up at a good price (PC3 usb typically make about £100). There are very few maps available for the Vee and only about four for UK bikes. All the UK maps where aftermarket items such as cans and filters are fitted require disabling the oxygen sensor, which can be a bit tricky as the info from PC is definitely incorrect for some Vees. It looks like there are no maps available for the fuel controller! Another option is to get the fuelling modified using a Yoshi box or similar. These plug into the bikes ECU and then modify the fuelling and are then unplugged. Finding a dealer with one can be difficult. To get the best from either option the bike should be set up on a rolling road by someone who knows what they're doing.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 21:44:28 »
PC3 would be fine, just have it set up on a dyno. My Navigator which uses the previous generation Suzuki TL 1000 engine was an absolute pig to ride with massive flatspots, surging and hesitation. I've fitted a TRE, K&N modified airbox, full 50mm exhaust system and silencers. Fitted a PC2 and had a custom map on a dyno. Transformed the bike, the maps available from Dynojet will improve matters, but to achieve the full benefit of a Power Commander a dyno session is needed.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Goodlad

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:55:37 »
I went ahead and got a PC5 from MotoMummy.
They have a good sale on at the moment.

Once it gets here I have organised the bike being put o na Dyno and a custom map made for the bike.
I cannot wait. I've a pain in my Donkey with the flat spots around 3k revs.

Offline TLPower

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 17:01:13 »
:hb: Sorry to hear about your Donkey. You may be able to swap it for an arse. :)

Good news on the PC.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline TLPower

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 17:31:09 »
How about viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12659 whist you're at?

Walter Rohrl.