Author Topic: Water in Speedometer!  (Read 975 times)

Offline Melmore

• Bike: DL650 L3
Water in Speedometer!
« on: September 10, 2014, 21:40:30 »
Got caught in a thunderstorm a few weeks ago on my July 2013 Glee. Next day my speedometer went crazy and drops of water appeared inside the speedometer glass. Took the bike to the main dealer who said they had not encountered this problem. Had I directed a pressure washer jet  up under the speedometer? I pointed out that on this website several bikes of the same age had had this problem and Suzuki were aware of it. They kept the bike, took the speedometer out and found a piece broken out of the back. A new case was supplied by Suzuki. They phoned to say the bike was ready and I said I would collect it after the weekend. Two days later they phoned to say that the bike had been parked outside in a heavy shower of rain and there was more water in the speedometer! Another case was ordered, fitted and the bike returned. (I think that the little locating pins were too long preventing the two halves of the case from closing completely.)
Now my clock is losing 30 minutes per week and one morning when I turned the key I had no display on the speedometer or the usual noises from the injectors. The engine started and when I rode off the display appeared with the rotating rev counter needle etc. I intend taking the bike back to the dealer next week but it's difficult to prove that there is a problem unless they keep the bike for a while and I have already been without it for 2 weeks in August.

Offline kissofdeath

• Bike: Veek
Re: Water in Speedometer!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 21:49:38 »
take it back and explain the problems and ask for a loan bike as it leaves you without any transport. must places will try to accommodate you as much as they can even if its an old banger

Offline Holmsey

• Bike: DL650 L9
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 22:41:32 »
I had this problem along with others this year.... took mine back to the dealer and had the clock replaced under warranty. .... I was told by them that Suzuki are aware of the problem. .... I rode the bike while they ordered the part and changed it ... no hassle ... less than a week for me.
Life on two wheels is better than 4 because the wife don't go on two wheels                " I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "

IBA Member
RBLR 1000 - 2018 -2019
Armistice 1000 - 2018

Offline 650X

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 22:53:58 »
Same here, replaced complete speedo - oooo miles

Been fine ever since - 6 months

They used the 'have you been washing it?' excuse

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 06:09:33 »
Answer: Yes, why, are Suzukis new range of bikes not waterproof?