Author Topic: Anybody else with Glee problems  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Holmsey

• Bike: DL650 L9
Anybody else with Glee problems
« on: January 03, 2014, 17:24:50 »
Hi all

It's me again  :lala:

After my starter problem that can't be found and has gone away and my lock mechanism that has been diagnosed as being knackered, I now have water in my clock unit  :angry-tappingfoot:

The ignition lock was getting stuck and the key wouldn't turn so I oiled it to buggery but it still wouldn't budge but all of a sudden CLICK and she works  :shrug: (I thought it was because Suzy was exposed to the elements before I managed to cover her)

So I took her to John's of Romford just before Crimbo (and met another forum member vwee) to have the clutch switch looked at but as usual nothing was wrong and I've had no problem since.
Whilst there I mentioned about the lock and was informed that it was indeed knackered but would be replaced under warranty. I then left completely forgetting about the clock,

I received a call today from John's who told me the lock unit had been ordered from Germany and should be here in a couple of days which would be easy to fit and they would even change the tumblers so I could keep the same keys to save changing the seat lock  :thumb:

they then asked about the clock and said vwee had mentioned it after I left, I told them of the problem and they stated that I am the third case they are aware of where water has entered into the clock unit, they would look at this next week and repair or replace as necessary. (BIG THANKS to vwee for that  :ty: )

Anyone else with these problems or am I just unlucky  :shrug:
Life on two wheels is better than 4 because the wife don't go on two wheels                " I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "

IBA Member
RBLR 1000 - 2018 -2019
Armistice 1000 - 2018

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
Re: Anybody else with Glee problems
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 17:31:20 »
I think pretty bloody unlucky, sell it and buy mine :) hehe
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 17:33:07 »
You are not on your own, there have been several reports on here of water in the clocks on your model. Some of them after pressure-washing, but not all of them.

Have a search around, but hopefully some of the members affected will reply back in this thread anyway.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Holmsey

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 17:39:48 »
Quote from: "jabmotorsport"
I think pretty bloody unlucky, sell it and buy mine :) hehe

I would never sell Suzy she is just unwell at the moment  :limp:

I shall nurse her back to health and she will look after me  :)
Life on two wheels is better than 4 because the wife don't go on two wheels                " I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "

IBA Member
RBLR 1000 - 2018 -2019
Armistice 1000 - 2018

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 18:29:22 »
Quote from: "MartinW"
hopefully some of the members affected will reply back in this thread anyway.

Mine had water in the clocks and it wasn't related to pressure washing: just riding in the rain was enough.

After the dealer took it up with Suzuki UK, they eventually came back with instructions to seal a cable connector behind the clocks and make sure there wasn't any corrosion in the conductors. Seemed to resolve it.

Here's the original thread: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17010
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline Holmsey

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 18:38:59 »
Quote from: "Mr Nick"
Quote from: "MartinW"
hopefully some of the members affected will reply back in this thread anyway.

Mine had water in the clocks and it wasn't related to pressure washing: just riding in the rain was enough.

Thanks for that I was told roughly the same thing, I'm not a fair weather rider and Suzy is my workhorse so she will be out in all weathers  :rain:

I would rather find out quickly while she is still in warranty so they can be fixed without cost to me.

IBA Member
RBLR 1000 - 2018 -2019
Armistice 1000 - 2018

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 07:44:59 »
Mmmm, time to get busy with a hose around the clocks I think, if mine is vulnerable I want it sorted before I do the next sizeable service myself and void the warranty.

Offline Holmsey

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 14:13:11 »
Quote from: "Jacko"
Mmmm, time to get busy with a hose around the clocks I think, if mine is vulnerable I want it sorted before I do the next sizeable service myself and void the warranty.

I have spoken to my local Suzuki dealer who are fitting a new ignition barrell, Apparantly they have had about three in for the dial problem and have replaced them under warranty (which is what is probably going to happen to mine he said).

best get yours down Jacko and get them to look at it.  :thumb:

Rich

IBA Member
RBLR 1000 - 2018 -2019
Armistice 1000 - 2018

Offline vwee

• Bike: 2017 NC750x dct
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 18:57:00 »
Triumph tiger 800,s had the same problem when they first hit the street,lucky for me mine was one of the first with the black frames(2nd batch)and came with a hole in the clocks to let water/condensation out.