Author Topic: Givi type spotlights  (Read 1743 times)

Offline G2ADY

Givi type spotlights
« on: August 14, 2013, 23:07:53 »
Hi all,

I'm looking to add some Givi style lights to the crash bars on the glee. Does anyone know of a similar looking spotlight with the same fitment (at a lower price)?

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: Givi type spotlights
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:56:07 »
I have a pair of these for sale (in Gunmetal colour not black)

*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Paul Dowe

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 21:11:58 »
Have these fitted to my Glee to top of genuine crash bars look great. Found was constantly getting flashed up by car drivers so lowered to stop this but found was lighting up the front spindle. First hundred miles left bulb blew so ordered the 35w bulbs from Givi come as two £14.00. Readjusted lights, again getting flashed up so again lowered beam within 200 miles left one blew again. Givi have made the cables longer on the H3 bulbs so you have to buy from them at there price, have found if you buy std H3 bulbs with the shorter cables you can extend these your self for about half the Givi price. The bulbs are a real pain to change. Cost £165 + £45 for Suzuki dealer to fit the problem is the crash bars vibrate to much.
DO NOT BUY. My brother has 800 tiger with theirLED fog lights which are the way to go or go touratech may seem dear to buy but with constantly buying bulbs the touratech lights will work out cheaper long term.
The Lights are well made the switch is SHIT water can get right in the back but you can upgrade that for £12.95 from an enduro shop.

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 21:17:05 »
You can put LED lamps in most Fog lights
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 21:17:14 »
If you google ... Bike vis ... They do a cracking set of lights caleed the v3 Cree led aux lights .. myself and gaz have the v2 nd they are great, around 90 quid.
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline Jeff999

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 22:24:34 »
I have a set of hella micro de's for sale 3 months old. Pictures are available if required. Come with halogen bulbs and two set of led's. Also brackets to fit crash bars.

:)

Offline G2ADY

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 18:03:10 »
Quote from: "Jeff999"
I have a set of hella micro de's for sale 3 months old. Pictures are available if required. Come with halogen bulbs and two set of led's. Also brackets to fit crash bars.

:)

Hi Jeff,

They look perfect, can you inbox me with a price please?

Steve

Offline Strommer

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 20:01:37 »
You may be confusing spotlights with running lights. The former should never be on when riding towards other vehicles but should instead be wired to the high beam wire (for switching not direct power).  The latter work best as leds.  With a bracket you can fit both and get the best of both worlds.

A disgrace to biking...

Offline G2ADY

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 20:54:06 »
I thought I'd post an update to show the spotlights that I bought from Jeff999 ( Cheers Jeff)

I've fitted them switched and with a relay, I tried the LED bulbs first but it looked like a Christmas tree so I swapped them for the halogens and the look great. Well pleased!