Author Topic: need help  (Read 764 times)

Offline carpetbaz

need help
« on: June 07, 2013, 17:20:56 »
hi there just got my first wee-strom and could do with gaining another inch lower, I've been told you can do this on front forks is that right and if so do you have to do something at back end as well to keep everything level, did not really want to have some taken out of seat so as not to lose any comfort, any ideas please  :ty:

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 17:39:46 »
Hi Baz...Yeah, I've done mine, plenty on her have too (and some even heighten their bikes).

There is a 'search' function on here, if you look for the search box and type in (eg) 'lowering' you get lots of stuff, eg viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18238&p=165371&hilit=lowering#p165371

in the Marketplace section there are evn discounts available to forum members for the 'lowering links' or 'dogbones', which are slightly longer links to push the back end down a bit (by about an inch is safest).

If you are handy with tools etc you can do this yourself, and then drop the forks about [s:2wa14a6k]10 cms[/s:2wa14a6k] (1 or 2 cms...oops!) at the front, to 'balance' the geometry up, so to speak! And all costs about 20 quid!
You can also lower the seat by removing the spacer blocks underneath, get the seat re-shaped etc

Again there are guidelines how to do this on this forum, too, have a bit read until you get your head around it all (took me a while!) :thumb:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Firestorm

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 18:42:09 »
Gassoon - you should know that, at your age, you should stick to Imperial measurements!  :old:  Dropping the forks 10 cms is a tad too much given it is just under 4 inches - you'd have to fit clip ons!! Surely 10 mm is sufficient? :grin:

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 19:09:02 »
he meant ten centinches,,   that's an Imperimetric measurement  lol  lol