Author Topic: The Great Crash Bar Mystery  (Read 3806 times)

Offline loggamatt

Re: The Great Crash Bar Mystery
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 17:37:49 »
Well, I have to say... credit where credit's due, my dealer has actually been a bit of a star about this. So seeing as this is a positive review I will name drop then... thumbs up to Metropolis Motorcycles  :thumb:

The bloke has said that Suzuki are dragging their feet on it, so what he'll do is order me the Givi bars at their own expense (they don't have a supplier relationship with SW Motech), fit them free of charge, then they'll chase Suzuki for a credit note for my bars in their own time. I forget how much the Suzuki bars were when I got the bike, probably more than the Givi one so maybe the dealer will actually make profit in the long run... but I'm not bothered about that, and as far as I'm concerned it's good customer service!

Just waiting for them to get the Givi bars in stock now so I can arrange a day to take the bike in for fitting.

Offline Mitch

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 19:27:43 »
Thumbs up to the dealer  :thumb:
VSTROM - ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 20:06:33 »
Good effort on their part  :clap:
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline kissofdeath

• Bike: Veek
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 02:09:34 »
that's really good news  :obscene-drinkingchug:  :lala:  :thumb:

Offline IanP

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 09:26:45 »
Quote from: "Andy M"
Best bodge to keep you going if you want to improve on the cardboard is available from your nearest B&Q or Wilkinsons. Buy the thickest fence wire you can and some really huge jubilee clips (4). Bend the wire into a repeated series of S bends so that when you wrap the resulting "pad" round the bar you'll have 4-6 inch long straight bits running along the bar. Wrap more round and round on top of that coil fashion. Use the jubilee clips to hold the round and round wire tight on. BMW subframes will do about 900 miles fished together like this, although the noise made by the rider whineing was seriously painful! I think it was the weight of the spare drive shafts that did for the frame.

Andy

I thought it was Tyre levers and cable ties fro BM sub frames  lol
XVS 1300 - DL650 V-Strom
Royal British Legion Riders http://www.rblr.co.uk

Offline Andy M

• Bike: Hurley-Pugh Empire Wildebeeste Manx Thruxton
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 12:38:10 »
Quote from: "IanP"
[

I thought it was Tyre levers and cable ties fro BM sub frames  lol

Nah, the ashtray CANBUS module gets in the way. Thinks you are having a crafty drag if you unplug it and empties the entire battery into the heated seat as a safety feature (to try and convince you to quit) before displaying the telephone number of the nearest dealers, smoking support group and approved financial advisor on the (now powerless) Rider Information Display. Also the cheese/toffee rim material and superglue like tyre lube used in Berlin and Munich makes tyre levers redundant. .  :sarc:

:)

Andy

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2013, 21:58:36 »
Quote from: "loggamatt"
Well, I have to say... credit where credit's due, my dealer has actually been a bit of a star about this. So seeing as this is a positive review I will name drop then... thumbs up to Metropolis Motorcycles  :thumb:

The bloke has said that Suzuki are dragging their feet on it, so what he'll do is order me the Givi bars at their own expense (they don't have a supplier relationship with SW Motech), fit them free of charge, then they'll chase Suzuki for a credit note for my bars in their own time. I forget how much the Suzuki bars were when I got the bike, probably more than the Givi one so maybe the dealer will actually make profit in the long run... but I'm not bothered about that, and as far as I'm concerned it's good customer service!

Just waiting for them to get the Givi bars in stock now so I can arrange a day to take the bike in for fitting.

Fair play to your dealer, though I hate to say my experience of Suzuki doesn't surprise me about this. Still waiting to hear about mine. Let me know what you think of the Givi's in comparison to Suzuki's