Author Topic: my next service ?  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
Re: my next service ?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 22:56:31 »
I find I'm not riding my Glee, not because I don't like it, I do, a lot, it's because the service wallet mugging comes around so quickly I don't want to put the miles on it.. Preferring instead to ride my zx6r, a bike that I provide the service schedule for and perform myself..

I won't be buying new again..

Offline adst

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 15:36:01 »
Just had my 600 mile ( £42) and was told next service 4000 miles
presuming of course one does not get to 12 months from registered before then in which case it's by date not mileage ..
have to watch the intervals as mine has a 3 yr warranty  deal ..
Because life is the journey not the destination?  
"Dr.Pat Garrod ..Bearback "

Offline Jacko

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 15:58:09 »
Mine too, 3 years.. My 600 cost £90 though, I know my local dealers' prices are quite steep, they won't budge on them though, forcing me to look elsewhere.. I want to have the services done there but have an aversion to being blatantly ripped off..

Offline frez

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 16:16:13 »
Find a good independant that will do the job for you.

They need to use Suzuki air/oil filters to maintain the UK warranty so there won't be a saving in that respect, but my independant mechanic is over £30 an hour cheaper for labour, and charges less for oil and disposables and does the job every bit as good, if not better, than the franchised dealer.
Now on a Super Tenere having put 64k miles on a 2011 DL650

Offline adst

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 18:05:43 »
Quote from: "Jacko"
Mine too, 3 years.. My 600 cost £90 though, I know my local dealers' prices are quite steep, they won't budge on them though, forcing me to look elsewhere.. I want to have the services done there but have an aversion to being blatantly ripped off..
Yes OK with  the cost but would have liked it cleaned .not expecting a foamy winter clean like elsewhere in threads but..if inspecting you would anticipate a rinse ..ESP with salt around etc ...but maybe I'm being picky

Offline skinny5216

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 21:07:16 »
The robbing b@stards, sorry I mean my local Suzuki dealer charge £125 for the 600 mile service and they don't even clean it. I wouldn't dream of asking them for a price for the 4k service. I would do it all myself only for the warranty. Somehow I don't trust the dealer in St Helen's that shall remain nameless, I know they have overheads but!!  :fix:  ###

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 21:11:11 »
how many Suzuki dealers are there in St Helens ????? lol  lol

Offline skinny5216

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 21:15:00 »
I know  lol   lol

Offline Andy M

• Bike: Hurley-Pugh Empire Wildebeeste Manx Thruxton
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 18:14:20 »
Quote from: "Tusker"
how many Suzuki dealers are there in St Helens ????? lol  lol

I'm **** at geography questions. I could only find this one

http://www.mmcbikes.co.uk/

Is there a prize?

Andy

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 18:15:46 »
oops,, now you have let the cat out of the bag   lol

Offline skinny5216

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 18:41:27 »
:text-givemebeer:  lol  lol

Offline adst

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 19:58:34 »
Quote from: "Jacko"
Just received a letter today from Suzuki customer Services stating they made an error and my 3 yr warranty as clearly marked on warranty book and acknowledged when purchased ...is actually only 2 with one year AA ....for a bike registered 29th Sept 12 in their Deal ... Albeit it was pre registered to the shop but as first road owner of pre registered thereafter I should get that balance of 3 yr less one month ... Anyone else out there had them pull this stunt? I cannot say I am best pleased ...my deal was done in knowledge of what was stamped in the book? Shabby if they stand by this ...we shall see

:angry-tappingfoot:

Offline Jacko

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 22:43:45 »
I bought mine unregistered, so they can't wriggle out.. But I'd fight it through the dealer who sold you the bike..

Offline Keith Cross

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2013, 00:13:33 »
If you have paperwork stating a 3 year warentee then that have to stick to it.  If they don't then tell them you don't want the bike and want all of your money back as you only purchased it on the understanding it had a 3 year warranty.
If they say he paperwork was unreasonable, in UK law a contract does not have to be reasonable, it is only required that an exchange takes place (ie money, goods or labour or a combination of them)

Worth a try

Keith C
2013 Aprilia Caponord 1200 with travel pack
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro in Yellow
2006 Vstrom DL1000GT
1990 Honda GL1500
1981 Goldwing Interstate
1966 Triumph 3TA

Offline Keith Cross

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2013, 00:19:38 »
Quote from: "Keith Cross"
If you have paperwork stating a 3 year warranty then that have to stick to it.  If they don't then tell them you don't want the bike and want all of your money back as you only purchased it on the understanding it had a 3 year warranty.
If they say he paperwork was unreasonable, in UK law a contract does not have to be reasonable, it is only required that an exchange takes place (ie money, goods or labour or a combination of them)
Write back to them and state that you do not accept their change to a legally made contract.

Worth a try

Keith C
2013 Aprilia Caponord 1200 with travel pack
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro in Yellow
2006 Vstrom DL1000GT
1990 Honda GL1500
1981 Goldwing Interstate
1966 Triumph 3TA

Offline adst

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013, 06:40:05 »
The montH before I bought the bike my wife bought a pre registered toyota with 6 miles on clock ...5 year warranty ...she has the balance of warranty OK .... In my case I bought the bike days after pre registered and 6 miles on clock I reckon that as it was registered 29 th sept in the window of 3 yr deal and all the paperwork says 3 yr warranty and my welcome pack the same ..they must be crazy to now backtrack , at worse this costs them less than 100 on insurance tops and I will have an extra year of dealer service to keep warranty ..2 services ? That has to profit them more than this stupidity . I am not best pleased but will see what sales blokes say , the deal was done and signed as given ... Can't change negotiations 3 months later it would be one lawfull?
Just cannot believe the letter from customer services ...no address no e mail ...just an  0500 tel no ..so unprofessional, it has really dented my confidence in Suzuki ,

Offline Jacko

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2013, 08:18:41 »
When you buy a bike, even as second owner, you have the balance of the manufacturers warranty transferred anyway, so even if they consider you the second owner, the warranty given at new should transfer to you.. If not they're saying that the 3 year warranty is none transferable and I wasn't told that when I bought my bike, what if want to sell it on, can I not sell it with the remaining 3 years on? Does it revert to two years as soon as it changes hands?

All questions I'd be firing at my dealer..

Like I said, I'm not buying new again and this sort of thing only serves to cement my resolve..

Offline doboy

• Bike: 1050 v strom
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 09:31:03 »
well I don't want to say were I got my wee from but I wouldn't think of taking it back there for a service ...I had a problem with the front wheel and they only had to change the front wheel bearings and they couldn't do that properly ..made a right  cock - up of it .. I would hate to think what they would do on a big job ... if you do it yourself you know its done properly ...

Offline Andy M

• Bike: Hurley-Pugh Empire Wildebeeste Manx Thruxton
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2013, 12:41:14 »
Quote from: "adst"
... Can't change negotiations 3 months later it would be one lawfull?

Depends on the terms and conditions. Additional warranties are usually written very much in favour of the supplier and may include such lovlies as "return of all goods and packaging", "may be cancelled without reason or notice", "limited to the value of the product and excluding additional costs...." and so on. The real shysters will contract you to 1 months additional warranty at £360, to be followed by 35 months free, with a loan for the full amount to be paid in 36 installments. You think it's a tenner a month, but they can keep collecting their standing order even after they cancel or you change product (phones typically).

Only the legally required warranties will be in a fixed format.

I would read the small print so you know what they may fire at you but basically carry on along the contract route you are are looking at now. Stress their own failures in offering a warranty that did not apply, they are afterall the experts and may be guilty of mis-selling a financial product (an extended warranty is insurance, hence the shyster scratting, ducking and diving). Additionally keep on pointing out that the selection of their bike was based on their offer of the warranty. If it goes to lawyers their clauses are probably safe, but you could also ask for the name of their legal representatives and any consumer guarantee organisations they are involved with as a frightener.

This warranty is not worth the paper it's written on, so I'd almost suggest asking for your money back in exchange for cancelling. Imagine how they'll squirm if you claim.

Andy

Offline adst

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2013, 20:59:42 »
Quote from: "adst"
Don't get hot and bothered ...

Read this

http://forums.sv650.org/archive/index.php/t-182543.html

I think it's some anti Japanese bloke ..with no life

Let us see what our dealers say