Author Topic: does eastern beaver do a usb charger point as well as 12v?  (Read 1238 times)

Offline thebigcheese

does eastern beaver do a usb charge point? want a 12v charge point and a usb charge point. tried looking his website but can't see any sign of a usb charge socket
bikeless

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: does eastern beaver do a usb charger point as well as 12
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 14:01:09 »
You'd have to search his site, but I don't think so, may be wrong...

You might find this of interest

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/waterproof-power-ports/

And here
http://www.powerlinkproducts.co.uk/usba ... ocket.html

It adds up expensive, though.

I just stick a carcigarette type multi adaptor with a couple of USB 5v ports in my tankbag.
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Glider65

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 14:14:50 »
powerlet do a joby - the only thing I coudl find, but as I have a mini usb (m) for my Garmin, I've ordered some (very hard to find) USB B (F) to USB A (F) adapters so I can charge my phone and camera

Offline thebigcheese

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 14:31:41 »
might look at the powerlink jobby, have a couple of devices that charge via usb, phone etc. Use co pilot on phone as Sat Nav, (esp since it dosnt use internet on the phone to do so). have to figure out a way to combine the powerlink set up into the 3CS solution.
going to have a 12v, and usb charge point on aux shelf on handlebars then hook a pd oiler into rear light wiring. will leave me a spare connection on 3CS for aux lights in the future.
bikeless

Offline Glider65

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 15:29:27 »
I think Bencav had mounted a ciagr lighter socket in the left front fairing..

Offline ringo grumio nibbler

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 16:49:57 »
I received this comprehensive reply from Winding Roads

Hi,

Thanks for your email. There are several options to try and achieve what you are looking to do, the best really depends on what your specific needs are, and what cables you currently have to charge your specific items. But, the starting point would be your iPad as this is the item that takes the most charging. A standard 1 amp USB socket won't be up to the job. Our supplier has just managed to source suitable 2 amp components and so we should have a Waterproof 2 amp USB Charging socket available in the next couple of weeks. It's looks like our 1 amp USB Socket, but is up rated and should only be a couple of pounds more we think.

Depending on your preferences, you may need a Mounting Bracket also. The 2 amp USB socket should be sufficient to charge both the iPad and your iPhone. We have a specific lead to charge the iPhone, which keeps the USB socket watertight on the move. As I'm not that familiar with the iPad, I'm not sure if the charging connection is the same as your phone.

The Tom Tom runs on a Mini USB as far as I know, and the simplest way to keep this charged in conjunction with the iPhone / iPad would be to add a standard DIN Socket, and then you have the options of either using a dedicated Mini USB Charger Cable, or using your existing car cigarette socket charger cable via an adapter.

As I said at the outset, there are numerous combinations possible, and they really do depend on your needs, usage requirements and amounts you want to spend. The starting point with the iPad would be the 2 amp USB socket, once we have it available. From there, it's a matter of tailoring the rest to what you want / need, but hopefully I've given you some help in the right direction. It is bloody confusing and not helped by manufacturers failing to agree common connectors, but with the exception of Apple (obviously) most are starting to converge at last.